£19K – £22.5K depending on experience – Full Time – Permanent – Monday to Friday – 25 Days Holiday Plus 8 Bank Holidays – Flexi Time – Death In Service Benefit – Company Pension Scheme – Health Insurance – Cycle To Work Scheme – Childcare Vouchers.
Our client is a well-established, highly regarded and successful law firm based in Harrogate. Their working ethos is firmly centred on resolution and their staff are all collaboratively trained.
Due to ongoing expansion, they now have an opening for a Legal Assistant to join their established Residential team.
This client has a great track record of offering training contracts – providing real potential to progress with the business.
Reporting into a Team Leader, key duties include:
• Meeting clients in Reception and assisting where possible before referring to Lawyer.
• Taking telephone calls, assisting clients and other parties where possible and providing updates.
• On receipt of payment on account (sale), obtain official copies of register, plan and any file documents referred to on register.
• Sale-draft contracts.
• Sale-submit contract to buyer’s solicitors with title details, protocol documents etc. Set reminder for seven days-have we heard from buyer’s solicitors?
• Sale-send Protocol documents to client for retention and notify estate agents that contract have been submitted.
• Sale-obtain redemption figure.
• Sale-obtain estate agents’ account and submit to client for approval.
• Chase replies to enquiries and general chasing of other parties on request of Lawyer.
• Purchase-on receipt of searches-check result and prepare a report to client to submit to Lawyer for checking.
• Purchase-raise enquiries on matters arising from searches and diarise for a response using the master title check page.
• Purchase-draft transfer and send request for completion information and undertakings.
• Prepare bills and completion statements.
• Complete exchange jobs.
• Complete completion jobs.
• Provide holiday cover for the Lawyer.
• Assist team leader in training of junior members of the team.
• Prepare files.
• Prepare files from exchange of contracts to completion including preparation of yellows/obtaining file searches, mortgage advance etc.
The ideal Legal Assistant:
The ideal Legal Assistant will have current experience of working in a law firm, (not just work experience). Knowledge of conveyancing would be beneficial but not essential.
APPLY NOW not to miss this excellent opportunity.